Total Pageviews

Sunday 8 April 2012



Short bit of video from last weeks 'race' not a lot of wind, and what there was buggered off just as the gun went, had a couple more problems, the spinnaker jammed as the gun went and the jib didn't sheet, had to tie it off with the jib out haul.
 So I've just spent Good Friday and Saturday thoroughly overhauling the jib sheeting, re-positioned the spinnaker pole blocks to ensure the pole goes out as far as is possible and I'll build a longer pole from a carbon mast top I have as soon as I get my hands on a rivet gun.

Have moved to aft sheeting, done away with all the deck clutter, run the cunningham leads out to cleats on the racks, this has two functions one getting them closer to me when I'm out on the rack and helping keep the racks more secure. Have drilled and secured them with pins.

It was raining, cold and dead onshore today so the racing was cancelled not that i was that keen, after the last six weeks of sunny sundays to be confronted with crap visibility, pouring rain, freezing cold and a southerly slop which lifts over the shoreline, the boys launched their new Merlin but they didn't appear to be going anywhere fast, sitting here typing this I now wish I'd gone out, but it would have been crap and those that did didn't stay out long..

So another week and we'll see, it doesn't look too bad in that clip where we had some wind, but the jib sheeting is all screwed, hopefully that's now sorted.

1 comment:

  1. great to see it sailing.

    all credit to you for building your dream.
    you know me, love all scow boats.

    does look very big, but then again i sail a very small boat!
    looks like your right, it should fly on a windy day.look foward to more updates. regards exlaser

    ReplyDelete