Total Pageviews

Saturday 25 February 2012

Having met a real gem of a guy down the lake last week, Neal Gibson, he's a sailmaker, works locally has a small loft, and he came down today to measure up to get a proper spinnaker sock made and some decent tramps for the racks, measured up for a see through jib and talked about different ways to rig things, really interesting.

So I had a few things to sort anyway, the angle of the jamming cleat for the main sheet needed lowering, I wanted a second anchorage point for the lowers, so all the stress wasn't going through that one bolt, so it was off to whitstable with a list.

Got myself sorted with a rear mast support which will make travelling easier, all things being equal I want to do a few events with other boats to get an idea of where the handicap should be, and every time you go to one of these you learn so much about the boat bumbling stuff that I now need big time.

The spinnaker will still jam if I use it as it is, but that'll have to be a chance I'll take, it doesn't look that windy tomorrow and it's been fairly mild today, so off down the lake tomorrow, to see if i can get it rigged and ready in time to enter it's first race. Light conditions will be it's worse scenario, all that flat surface is likely to drag and on fresh water, unlikely there'll be enough volume to clear the rear, so it'll be a good test.

I'll try and get some pics this time if I'm not in a mad pfaff and I'll take my phone get some gps tracks maybe, if I remember it all.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you are back on track with it, I heard about the problems you were having with the builder back in October, it was a shame about speed week. Hopefully this year then. Good luck with it again.

    ReplyDelete