Total Pageviews

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Failure to Launch

To many snags got in the way of a launch today, but I got a chance to finally see how it's going to be. Had a bit of a sit on it, took a stroll around the deck, lifted it up, tried to imagine righting it in the unlikely event of a capsize, confirmed my feelings about the inadequacy of using B14 washerwoman bits, talked about the jib gnav and how it would function and why it was necessary.

Suggested snowboard toe binding strap and ratchets, that we use on our two part Kayaks as a solution to the quick yet firm fix and or release of the racks for storage and transport.

But it did confirm in my mind that going ahead with it was a bloody good idea, I'm sure it's going to work, saw the massive plate, not finished yet, but the size is bang on what I want. Offwind was never going to be an issue, I just want to be first upwind as well.

It's righting moment is massive at 3.20mtrs rack to rack, it aint far off the righting moment of a 49er they tell me and 18 foot skiffs are only another 1/2mtr and should I decide to trap off the racks it'll go even faster.

Anyway here are the pics, best the iPhone could do in the circumstances, but enough to get the picture...





No comments:

Post a Comment